Saturday, September 11, 2010

The birthday party was a success!

So Saturday was a very busy day. We had family and friends coming over for Olivia's 2nd birthday party. Very exciting time, but I was not prepared for it in the least :(
Al was working that morning and would not be home till 1:00 and the birthday party was meant to start at 2:00
I had a bad start to the day. I slept through My alarm and was woken up by the kids, which meant... NO SHOWER... eew! and then there was no food on the house to feed the kids. So what dose any loving mother do? we go to McDonald's! and on our way back we have to stop off at the grocery store to grab ingredients for the cake. (which has not been completed at this point)
We get home and its already 11:00 the house is a mess the cake is not ready yet, I need to decorate the cake, and to top it all off .. my kids are cranky!
I get the kids into bed and start cleaning the house. then get it all decorated (with balloons and pink things) and then its time to work on the cake... I look up at the clock and its 1:30 and Al has not shown up yet with the the pizzas the kids are starting to wake up and I am still wearing grubby clothes!!! right now I am about to have a heart attack, because I know that people are going to start showing up soon!!
Luckily Al shortly arrives, pops the pizza in the oven (take-n-bake) and starts helping me clean up my messy kitchen. I finish putting the last flower on her cake when 1:55 rolls around. I run into our bathroom to make my self presentable. And I finish at 2:05!

The cake turned out well ... I think :)
And Olivia had a wonderful birthday! Thank you to all that came over and gave my baby a sweet birthday party to remember! :)
...phew!...


4 comments: